Good Samaritan Services has two immediate job openings:
Program Coordinator (Lancaster office)
Program Coordinator (Coatesville office)
These positions are each 25 – 30 hours per week and provide overall support to our Permanent Housing Services program, which serves single mothers experiencing a housing crisis.
The ideal candidate will have a warm and friendly personality, be a team player, be passionate about serving people experiencing homelessness, demonstrate excellent communication skills, possess strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office), display a willingness and desire to learn, and uphold the GSS Core Values of: Faith, Compassion, Generosity, Partnership, Gratitude and Stewardship.
Some of the job duties and responsibilities of the Program Coordinator are:
- Screen phone and walk-in inquiries for services.
- Assist Family Resource Coordinators with supportive services to program participants.
- Assist Program Director with church relations.
- Do background checks on mentors, new staff, and participants.
- Enter database information and create reports for applicants/participants/mentor friends/volunteers.
- Take notes for team staff meetings monthly and program meetings as assigned.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and implementing program events.
- Assist program staff with donations: cars, clothing, household items, etc.
- Order supplies, materials and equipment for program staff including Family Building Services.
- Assist Alumnae with services, referral and tracking of information.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe and secure working environment.
- Recruit, assist and supervise volunteers in conjunction with other staff.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Nate Hoffer, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.