Good Samaritan Services is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to attending to the immediate needs of individuals and families who are currently homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless by offering shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing services long-term, affordable housing, and other related services.
We own nine properties which are used for emergency shelter and transitional housing, serving up to 70 people every day in these programs. Our Bridge of Hope @ Good Samaritan Services and Permanent Housing programs serve an additional 120 single mothers and children daily. Our programs provide essential services to nearly 400 people throughout Chester and Lancaster counties, every year. Our annual operating budget is $1.6 million.
Position Summary: Director of Development
The Director of Development is a full-time position that reports directly to the CEO. The Director of Development is responsible for leading the development and fundraising strategies of Good Samaritan Services to secure the funding needed to sustain organizational and programmatic goals. Working closely with the CEO, the director develops and maintains community relationships that build the visibility, impact, and financial resources of Good Samaritan Services.
- 6-plus years of progressive experience in a development role.
- Proven track record of raising funds for an organization with an annual budget exceeding at least $750,000.
- Experience working closely with executives and board members.
- Successful grant writing and special events management experience.
- Managing relationships and working with donors and corporate sponsors.
- Designing and managing development and donor relations programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Experience with donor tracking systems.
- Experience with using social media to support fundraising campaigns and branding.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with donor data collection and retrieval systems.
- Knowledge of and connections to the funding community in Chester and Lancaster counties.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, administration and management skills.
- Ability to communicate the organization’s mission with passion and conviction.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or not-for-profit leadership
To apply: Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, salary requirements and three references with contact information to Nate Hoffer, firstname.lastname@example.org