We are looking for a creative, strategic and enthusiastic person to join our team as the full-time Development & Communications Associate. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter looking to gain valuable design and creative experience while working with the Development team to advance the mission of Good Samaritan Services.
Good Samaritan Services Mission Statement:
Good Samaritan Services gives immediate help to people who are experiencing homelessness, and helps those at risk of becoming homeless, by restoring their lives to stability. We engage the community to support these efforts.
Job Title: Development & Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-time. Schedule will be negotiated. Exempt
Non-profit fundraising requires passion for the mission of the organization, and a willingness to communicate that passion to others. Appreciating the work of Good Samaritan Services as a whole, and recognizing and cherishing the lives of those who are improved by this work, is critically important. Our development staff can be instruments of tremendous positive change in the lives of hundreds of people every year. To do this, we work as a team to fund the organization. Each piece of the development team is essential and highly prized.
The Development & Communications Associate is a key position within Good Samaritan Services, responsible for development and communications tactics, with an emphasis on content creation including web, social media, brochures, newsletters, and donor communications.
The associate will assist the Director of Development for planning and executing special events. Responsibilities will include designing and distributing invitations, developing email blasts, and creating social media posts targeted toward relevant audiences.
– Prepare and design various communications, publications and marketing materials in support of development strategies
– Newsletters (print and electronic): composing content, creating layout of newsletters and distributing
– Press Releases: creating press releases announcing events, success stories and partnerships
– Annual Report: compiling of report and creating content
– Creating advertisements and articles
– Marketing Materials: coordinating email blasts, creating web content, keeping brochures and highlight inserts current, designing conference materials, etc.
– Events Marketing Materials: promoting events through social medial and other venues, designing invitations, creating marketing materials
– Social Media: overseeing all social media outlets, collecting and composing success stories, promoting events, etc.
– Establishing and maintaining relationships with local media to promote the organization, bring awareness to the community and support special events advertising
– Tracking and providing analysis on the results of communications efforts
– Ensuring brand standards are being met at all times
– Attend all GSS fundraising events
– Serves as an active participant on the Development Committee and PR Committee
– A minimum of 3 years professional marketing or communications design experience
– Demonstrated ability to write creative and persuasive content
– Skilled in social media
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent computer skills and knowledge of design and communications programs
– Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, have access to an automobile and provide proof of auto insurance
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to Mandy Allan, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org