Good Sam is growing!
Every day we strive to help more members of our community who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. With that goal in mind, we’ve been growing our programs, which in turn has brought a need for more staff members. That means we have a job opening in Lancaster! This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in social work, counseling, or a related field to get involved with an organization that is passionate about its’ goals, core values, and creating a great work environment.
The following is a new position and preformed out of our Lancaster office only.
Title: Family Resource Coordinator
- Help individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness, or at risk of becoming homelessness, secure stable housing and move towards stability.
- Provide resource coordination for each participant in the program assigned to you for services. This would include regular home visits, phone contact and maintaining an active service plan.
- Assist participants to secure housing through developing a plan to maintain it independent of Good Samaritan Services.
- Assist participant to attain stability through developing a plan for sufficient income through employment, money management, and other resources.
- Help families to develop a support network of mentors, friends, and family.
- Help participants meet personal goals and are aware of community resources for meeting future goals.
- Promote psychosocial health by helping family members address issues of self-esteem, dependency, and relational issues, etc.
- Recommend and arrange professional counseling services for families as needed.
- Provide education for women in the area of budgeting and work at monthly financial planning.
- Advocate on behalf of participating families to create, obtain or secure services, including job training, housing, and social services.
- Initiate and maintain a goal plan for each child as necessary and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Maintain files and paperwork on each assigned family unit in the program.
- Coordinate services with existing social service agencies.
- Experience or training in working with individuals and families.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of Good Samaritan Services & the Counties we serve.
- Valid driver’s license and availability of a vehicle.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- The ability to multitask.
- Ability to move objects up to 25 pounds while setting up for events.
- Minimum – Associate Degree and displayed experience in a related field
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services Field. Persons with equivalent experience and demonstrated skill in social services may be considered
To apply for this job opening in Lancaster, please email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Permanent Housing Services