A safe, welcoming place for women and their children to call home
Everyone needs a place to call home, and at Good Samaritan Services, we make sure that our Ephrata Shelter and Transitional Homes are as welcoming and comfortable as possible. Our 8,000 sq ft emergency shelter can serve up to 27 women and women with children. The house next door offers long-term transitional housing for four families. Both facilities provide residents with a safe, warm and welcoming home.
Case managers work closely with residents to help them regain stability in their lives and address the issues which led to their becoming homeless. We are committed to serving women and their children in a safe and supportive environment.
Over the years, we have received tremendous support from many local churches and businesses, helping us to update and maintain our facilities to ensure that they are clean and comfortable so that women and children can relax and recover from the crisis of homelessness. The comfort and beauty of our homes is a reflection of the care our community has for everyone living here.
We connect residents of GSS Ephrata with the following life-enriching resources:
- Budget counseling and housing counseling
- Life skills development including parenting, cooking, and conflict resolution
- Spiritual guidance and the opportunity to participate Bible Study
- GSS Microloans, Matched Savings & Wheels of Hope
- TRADE, GSS’ job development program
- Access to skills training and GED completion services
- Needed referrals to partner organizations
Annual Impact – Ephrata program for women and children
At our shelters, our primary objectives are to help residents find work, save money, and move into permanent housing. Some of our statistics from the 2017–18 fiscal year include:
53 Women and Childrenwere provided with emergency shelter and transitional housing
$4,700 awarded through our Microloan Program and Matched Savings Program
75%of shelter residents found employment
12 Mentors participated in our Mentorship Program
300+ Volunteers served by providing meals, offering babysitting, mentoring, cleaning and much more!
100% Residents said their faith increased while at GSS
With your help, we are able to help families like this transition from homelessness to independence. Thanks to all the wonderful people who poured into the life and Tanzania and her daughters while they were at our Ephrata Shelter.
Ephrata Shelter Wishlist
WE ALWAYS NEED
Gift card donations (Staples, WalMart, grocery stores, and hardware stores) to help us defray operating expenses
WE CURRENTLY NEED
- Non-perishable food items aside from canned vegetables and beans
- Laundry soap
- Disinfectant spray
- Moisturizing hair products with shea butter
- Shaving cream, preferably women’s
- Toilet paper
- Wet Swiffer pads or similar brand
- Glass cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner such as Mr. Clean
- Milk, eggs and lunch meats