Since 1987, Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties served families at risk of homelessness, or recovering from homelessness in our community.
On December 1, 2017 Good Samaritan Shelter and Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties merged and became Good Samaritan Services.
The services and programs offered by Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties are still continuing, now part of Good Samaritan Services.
Permanent Housing Services
Serving families that are doubled-up, at risk of homelessness, in the eviction process, or homeless. We help single mothers and their children across Lancaster & Chester Counties move into their own housing.
Accepting referrals from:
- Emergency Shelters (Good Samaritan’s emergency shelter program, Water Street Ministries, Milagro House, St. Mary’s Fransiscan Shelter and other shelter providers in Lancaster & Chester County)
- Transitional Housing (Good Samaritan’s transitional housing program, Tabor Community Services, Homes of Hope and other transitional housing providers in Lancaster & Chester County)
- Self or family
- Community organizations
Assisting families to secure and maintain permanent housing in the community:
- Case management and goal planning
- Resource development
- Life skills & parenting support
- Mentoring/volunteer support
- Appropriate levels of financial assistance for rent, utilities, transportation
Permanent Housing Services provides professional case management services, rental support and mentoring groups to 42 single mothers and their children across Lancaster & Chester County every day.
Annual Impact – Permanent Housing Services program
Some of our statistics from the 2017–18 fiscal year include:
$87,792 provided in rental assistance to single mothers across Lancaster & Chester Counties
208 Women and Childrenwere served, helping them stay in permanent housing
12 Familiesgraduated from the program
80 Mentors providing friendship and support from local churches
Olga’s Story of Resilience
Olga’s family faced homelessness when she was a teenager. Thanks to Bridge of Hope Lancaster County, her family received housing support. That experience helped motivate her to pursue a career in social work. Today, she is a student at Lancaster Bible College, majoring in Social Work, and she was an intern at Good Samaritan Services!
WE ALWAYS NEED
- Gift card donations (Staples, WalMart, grocery stores, and hardware stores) to help us defray operating expenses
WE CURRENTLY NEED
- Check back soon for a list of items
- Diapers (sizes 4,5,6)
- Paper Towels
- Cleaning Wipes – Lysol/Clorox